ludgate circus

ludgate circus

A wonderful aerial view of the town from around 1955. The area was heavily developed in the early years of the twentieth century and almost completely remodelled in the decade or so after the picture was taken.

  1. The St John Ambulance Hall
  2. The municipal swimming baths
  3. Inghamite Chapel
  4. Salvation Army Hall
  5. West Street School
  6. Livestock market (demolished 1957)
  7. Central Hall
  8. The site of the Cloth Hall (demolished 1955)
Advertisements
This entry was posted in images then and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.