Tag Archives: st john ambulance

the key to the door

On 18 Jul 1908, Colonel Sir Lees Knowles, Chairman of the East Lancashire Territorial Army, was presented with a golden key with which to ceremonially open Colne’s new Ambulance Hall. The foundation stone, with a cavity containing a copy of … Continue reading

Posted in special occasions | Tagged , ,